View Single Post
Old March 3, 2013, 11:35 PM   #3
jpcmt

^^^ That. If you want to work towards carrying loaded (one in the chamber is what I consider loaded, not just having a loaded mag in the gun), then load your gun with a snap cap and carry for a week or two, each night inspecting your gun to make sure it didn't go off and slaughter a bus full of children, then once you build your confidence in your gun and your ability not to trip and fall and have it bounce out of your holster and shoot you in the face, then take that cautious leap of faith and load that sucker every day.

Don't alternate or you'll get into trouble. Just commit, then do it forever. You'll soon be bored of the concept that modern firearms are dangerous to carry loaded. Took me a week or so to load my glock 26 when i began carrying so i know what you're feeling. Just do it.

SIDE NOTE: a lady in my recent CCW class (i teach) shot her brand new Kahr 40 on our range visit for her qualification shooting/demonstration, and it was a bad pistol for her to have...obviously she was steer'd to it by an overzealous gun dealer who didn't have the gun she wanted. It also had light primer strikes which isn't common for Kahr from what I understand. Anyway, she'll have it repaired then sold for the G23 she wanted.

Page generated in 0.02380 seconds with 8 queries