View Single Post
Old March 22, 2008, 10:29 PM   #8
pax

Shorts,

I've assisted on the line at FAS when people with various impairments were in class. In a well-run school, unless your difference is truly radical (and sometimes, even if it is), it is not going to slow the rest of the class down because the instructor won't let it. Similarly, the special needs student will nearly always get the benefit of learning the same basic skills everyone needs to learn, but doing them with whatever adaptations needed to make the skill work. (Example: when the class is doing reloads, the special-need student learns reloads. You may have to move to one end of the line so you can practice one-handed reloads without danger while everyone else is practicing two-handed reloads, but you'll learn the basic skill set along with the class and at the speed the class is learning it. In truth, this variant in skill sets is not much different than teaching a group which includes revolver reloads vs semi-auto reloads.)

Another option: one-on-one tutoring, which may be your best bet anyway. 'Most all the pros offer one-on-one to folks willing to pay for it.

PM me your email address. I'll pass it along.

pax

Page generated in 0.02784 seconds with 8 queries