View Single Post
Old May 28, 2011, 07:41 PM   #14
TheKlawMan

OK. I think I am getting the picture. First. ala one ounce I shouldn't be too concerned with this; at least until I have a lesson or two and the instructor has had an opportunity to see what is up. Second, if flinching is becoming an issue, the most fundamental cause goes back to gun fit which interacts with mounting. Third, I believe I am mouning the gun properly, but if I am not I will be pleased to learn where I am wrong. Last, going to lighter loads can serve as first aid for flinching, and shooting them can sharpen skills, but it is anyrhing but the preferred cure.

Truth be told, when I first began shooting and Zippy suggested one of those recoil devices I thought he was over the top. Now I see their merit. Not only do they absorb recoil but they allow for better fitting to the shooter.

BigJim brought up vision, while I was having a problem with it when I began shooting (it was nearly impossible to see through the top of my lenses) it has become much less of a factor. Perhaps partly due to a nose piece being replaced that I didn't even realize was damaged, and hopefully due in part to assuming a better mount.

Hopefully much of this will gel with some lessons. I think it will almost like an epiphany.

Last edited by TheKlawMan; May 28, 2011 at 07:52 PM.

Page generated in 0.02932 seconds with 8 queries