Thread: Run and Gun?
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2001, 04:39 PM   #16
LASur5r

You guys are right

Glamdring, Spectre, Hoeck and a lot of you guys are right...
Recently, I changed my mode of operation...I had been trained in the old days to appear meek and humble and I tried this approach for years..decades....I thought it was just that I didn't have the pattern down. So guess what? I got challenged to fight for years.
I am 53 years old now and up to recently...I hate to admit...I must have been putting out heavy "sucker!" and "victim!" vibes. ONly a lot of luck and having the Man upstairs protecting fools and idiots got me through all the confrontations.
Just last year I got tired of this meek and mild approach and changed more to a confident, fast stride, exhuding medium level "ch'i" and turn it to higher level when I see potential threats and I have actually seen guys pushing back their "weapons?" when I got within the danger area.
I believe like you guys from the martial arts training when you hit the danger zone you move in close and tight, hit and run, move quickly.
...and like you guys believe, I practice on moving in quickly and trying to do fast disarms or knockdowns while keeping their weapon away from wife or child. I've trained both people to back off and to my 7 as the safest place that way when I countermove the opponent, I try to keep his weapon away from that area.
Anyway, nice to hear that you guys confirm a lot of what I have learned through the years.
Thanks.

Page generated in 0.03800 seconds with 8 queries