View Single Post
Old February 17, 2013, 11:53 PM   #1
TXGunNut

Hey Sal! CB 32WS Rocks!

Just took a giant leap forward with my 1969 vintage M94 in 32WS! She's my longterm CB plinker project. As some of you know she's equipped with a receiver peep sight and a Lyman globe front sight because I can't bear to scope a 94. Last trip out I determined the forend was causing the impact to wander so I relieved pressure in the barrel channel and tweaked the mag tube a bit. I had to refinish the forend and decided to remove a few dents and scratches. Was a bit disappointed to find birch wood under walnut stain but I put a quickie oil finish on it. Looked so nice I decided the buttstock needed freshening up a bit but luckily I didn't get past the stain before I put fresh oil on her butt...stock.
My load is LeveRevolution powder under a RD 323-170 heat-treated bullet of 50-50 ww alloy in Hornady cases, BTW. I don't shoot especially well with peeps these days so I was very pleased when she printed nice round groups well under 2" @ 50 yds.
Was so pleased I picked up a Birchwood Casey refinishing kit @ Cabelas on the way home. Disassembled the old girl, stripped the temp finish off the forend and put a nice walnut stain on the old girl after supper.
Ya'll don't get your hopes up, I'll post pics later but my photography skills leave quite a bit to be desired. My stock refinishing is a bit above average, tho. Pretty sure this ol' girl will continue to turn heads @ the range.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.

Page generated in 0.03740 seconds with 8 queries