Thread: Gun Safe Advise
View Single Post
Old January 10, 2011, 10:48 PM   #58
Adirondack

Quote:
He couldn't say because he didn't know, or he couldn't say because it's some sort of secret? It's not really a secret, as anybody who can pull the back panel off of a safe's door can see what's inside.

I've never seen one, nobody I've ever talked to has seen one, and nobody can show me one.

Since you and Adirondack seem to be the only two making the claims of the superiority of ceramic insulations, I would assume that you would have examples to hold out.

Remember, we are looking for safes with a UL fire tag that use ceramics as their sole primary insulation.

I suppose I should also add that I sell safes that use ceramics for their insulation as well. None of them are UL rated.
Alyssa gave you the number of the expert at UL, call the guy and hear what he has to say, you might learn something new. And, a manufacturer isn't going to want you or any competitor to know how they can achieve a UL fire rating and since UL is paid by their customers and likely have had to sign a confidentiality agreement, they are not permitted to share the customer specific information.

Last edited by Adirondack; January 10, 2011 at 10:58 PM.

Page generated in 0.02149 seconds with 8 queries