View Single Post
Old October 22, 2002, 12:47 AM   #2
Paul Fitz Jones

45-70 bullet & Load

As a rep for the Saeco bullet company in the 70's I had made 5 designs for that caliber and sold 98 of them having 2 of the most popular left that I dug out of 1970's storage. They are competition quality 4 cavity Lifetime molds of Meehanite with handles. the 2, I have were made for the 1895 Marlin lever action with two driving bands and 2 lube grooves with a crimp groove also. They are 344 grain and according to the Hornaday #3 manual will take any North American animal including Bear and Moose with up to 53 grains of IMR 3031. I designed them to need minimal sizing with tire weights to size at .4580 and can be made larger diameter if linotype is used. The most accurate competition target load is with 48 grains of 3031. The Current Redding Saeco Co. lists their sore shoulder syndrome 500 gr similiar bullet molds for $192.50 and I am selling my better quality one for $99 + $5 shipping and needed postal insurance unless someone else beats you to one of them. These are the most beautiful molds ever made with Gunstock patterned walnut handles and are unique.

You are welcome to ask for an e-mail pic of them.

I also have 3 1,000 watt 20 pound tip dip cast iron Lifetime pots left and several Original patent Tool Steel Lead Hardness testers.

I retired in 1979 after selling a thousand molds.
Police Firearms Instructor

Last edited by Paul Fitz Jones; October 22, 2002 at 01:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.03678 seconds with 8 queries