Thread: Colt help?
View Single Post
Old March 21, 2013, 11:39 AM   #1
gunluver

Colt help?

My holy grail of .22 revolvers has been the Colt Diamondback .22 ever since the first time I've held one. I've never come along the right deal or model and most on gunbroker are extremely expensive or I'm afraid to take a chance on it.

So a local gunshop just got 2 new pieces in off of an estate sale. 2 Colt Diamonbacks, both blue, both 4", one is a .38, and the other is.....yep a .22.
Apparently they came from the same estate (person) and were both bought new by that person, shot once, and put in the safe. Widow cannot find the original boxes. I can believe the "shot once" or at least very little. I would but the bluing at 99%, and only the slightest hint of a turn line on the cylinders.

They want $1400 a piece for them. I'm thinking that's a little high without original boxes, but on the other hand......there they are, only 15 minutes from my house and looking all shiny and perfect.

What say the experts? I'm really only thinking about the .22

Page generated in 0.03457 seconds with 8 queries