View Single Post
Old February 9, 2012, 11:35 AM   #18
Clark

I converted at VZ24 actions to 300 Win Mag and 7mmRemMag with the same 300 H&H case head. Those cartridges may be registered at 64kpsi, 61kpsi, and 54 kcup respectively, but they are all good for 72kpsi and long brass life.

I fired what Quickload thinks is a 108 kpsi load in my 7mmRM VZ24 and it jammed the rifle.

I got the bolt out. I don't remember if I pounded the bolt handle with a hammer of pulled the barrel off. I have done both so many times that I lose track.

The bolt had swollen in outside diameter right behind the lugs. The receiver had constricted in inside diameter at the lug abutments.

I put some valve grinding compound on the bolt and lapped out the tight spot.
Then in 2011 I took the rifle hunting, and shot a mule deer and an antelope.

I have hundreds of rifles, and could have just thrown that rifle away, but I did not give up on it.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?

Page generated in 0.02223 seconds with 9 queries