Thread: Mauser 1914
View Single Post
Old July 25, 2012, 06:31 AM   #27
Winchester_73

Quote:
Winchester 73, your Mauser has a 1934 magazine.
Which gun? The lower one? The top one is AFAIK an all original rig. The two I posted in this thread are not the same gun. I sold the exploded view gun anyways and I think I sold it with a different mag. IIRC that mag in the exploded view was aftermarket but who knows now.

Quote:
IIRC every original Mauser pocket pistol I've examined had a straw-colored trigger
Quote:
Actually, the triggers were heat blued, as were the extractors.
I thought so. I never recall seeing one that was "strawed" which to me refers to how some of the small parts on pre 1938 lugers were finished.

Quote:
Unless I am wrong (which is possible) that is not the same gun as the earlier pic Winchester? I notice the mag is different and it may be lighting but the wear looks different. Serial numbers dont look to be the same either.
Since mags are removable, and often fit several types of guns (example = Behollas / Stendas / Leonhardts accept Colt 1903 mags) its important to identify a semi regardless of the mag. Both guns that I posted were Mauser 1914s without a doubt. There were little subvariations made at different times (such as the early "humpback" SNs below 1000) but the only other models that look similar are the Mauser 1910 which was 25 acp and the Mauser 1934, which had a curved pistol grip frame esp the backstrap. Your gun you posted is also definitely a Mauser 1914. As far as serial numbers, they made 100s of thousands of these. I looked at examples in the 500k range and I think they might go higher than that.

Page generated in 0.03105 seconds with 8 queries