View Single Post
Old January 27, 2014, 09:34 PM   #1
Dreaming100Straight

Not exactly a tactics question

Thirty minutes ago I got a call from my son, a medical student in Kansas City, KS, who took out a two year lease on an apartment fin an edgy part of town. About 7:30 his time someone banged loudly on the door and when he looked through the peep home they had there back turned. He didn't open. They banged again and ducked down so he couldn't see them.

After moving in he found out that the last resident was evicted the third time paramedics had to kick the door in as he was observed through a patio slider to be passed out on the floor. He was a druggy. Some of the residents are very nice, but some are coke heads.

Anyway I asked if it just happened and when he said it had I told him to get off the phone and call the police since the person may still be in the building or the police may be looking for the guy. He did and gave them the description but doesn't know if there is anything else the Kansas City PD can do.

The locks on his door suck as does the cheap door and the door jamb is weak from having been kicked in so many times. I told him at a minimum make the landlord repair the door and locks properly. I pointed this out when I visited and he blew it off. Perhaps now he will listen.

I think he made one good tactical decision, which was not to answer the door. After the dust settles, I am going to talk with him again about what to do in that and other situations. One thing he probably should have done is call the PD instead of dad. I may fly out to see him and try to improve the situation, but would like any suggestions other than he should move and get a gun, both of which I have in mind but he may not be amenable to doing either.

Page generated in 0.02279 seconds with 8 queries