View Single Post
Old May 19, 2005, 02:01 AM   #13
LAK

Doug.38PR
Quote:
That brings up another question (and I don't want to take away from my original question). I carry a .38 special now for CC. 4 inch barrel, medium frame. How do you rapid fire a revolver without being abusive wearing down the bolt and cylinder? I try to sqeeze off each shot more and more quickly with quick finger work while trying not to whiplash the finger snapping the trigger back. Trying to get off 2 to 4 shots a second. Any recommendations?
Do not use an interrupted style of regular trigger manipulation - if it becomes ingrained habit it might get you into trouble later.

The best way to master the double-action revolver is by adopting a rigid practice of using the same grip, draw, smooth trigger manipulation - slowly, deliberately, consistantly every time. Over and over again.

You can of course develope speed - gradually - but in all likelyhood necessity in an emergency will induce all the speed you need. The habits you develope with slow, deliberate, smooth and consistant repetition will be your friend.

You do not say what make and model your revolver is, but any of the quality pieces should hold up well if you keep them clean and lubed. A second duplicate piece for practice shooting is a bit of a luxury, but nice if you can afford it.

Page generated in 0.02182 seconds with 8 queries