View Single Post
Old December 2, 2013, 09:14 PM   #15
semi_problomatic

Not really macho BS. Simple math. If you have time to gather every one up and hide behind your bed you also have time to meet them at the door. Most houses I know have bedrooms on one side of the house and master bedroom on the other. Which means you're crossing in front of any entry points twice (unless bg is coming in through a bedroom window... Which means your kids are already potentially in danger).

If you could be suprised going towards the bg why couldn't you be suprised scurrying back and forth across your house?

Clays and HD are totally different. Not only is the target much larger and much closer, it's not flying through the air and you're not shooting at a bunch of different stands. Besides, your advice is to hide behind the bed and point the gun at the door. What does it matter if he chains a 50# weight to the end of the barrel at that point? What is he swinging at?

Oh yeah....one last thing about trap...arn't you using a 30-32" double barreled O/U? How is an extra 8 or so inches of barrel and choke inserts that much heavier than a flashlight at the forearm and an extra round or two?

Last edited by semi_problomatic; December 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.02549 seconds with 8 queries