View Single Post
Old October 15, 2013, 04:02 PM   #11
J A

I am for the issuance to legally blind

Only a very small percentage of legally blind have no vision at all. Around 3 percent if I remember correctly. I wear corrective lenses for a vision impairment. If I had my glasses knocked off in a struggle with an attacker I would be visually impaired. How many of you have gotten up in the middle of the night when awoken by a strange noise and searched your darkened home. Hard to see wasn't it?
How about a LEO at night searching in a dark building or alley? Their vision would/is impaired right?
I see no difference with legally blind and any of the above situations. If someone has me on the ground with intent to do bodily harm with or with out my corrective lenses I will know it.
There are no laws or restrictions that say a CCW has to be able to identify and stop an attacker at 25 feet. Most life threatening situations happen much closer than that.
I feel the legally blind deserve and have the right to the same protections under the law that I have. It is their choice if they are comfortable with a concealed weapon.

Page generated in 0.03931 seconds with 8 queries