View Single Post
Old October 31, 2011, 03:49 PM   #17
Maximus856

I'm on the fence about whether he should or shouldn't of pursued. My personal belief is that if you are able bodied, able minded and stumble upon something like this then by all means go for it. The only difference between a armed citizen and Le/military is one has a uniform (and jurisdiction..). The mind and action if taken are all one in the same. I'm not implying that it's an obligation to anyone, but if I see someone being wrongfully injured or harmed by someone else, I feel as though I would have my own moral obligation to step in even if it may cause harm or legal action to myself. By no means am I saying I am a vigilante, but I don't think I could live with myself witnessing that and letting it go.

The exception is if stepping in would escalate te situation to a point of getting many others harmed, or if family was around and their well being would be in immediate danger. There are so many what if's or game changers, but I feel this guy had an idea of what he was doing and hopefully thought out other consequences of his actions. And if that's the case, I support what he did.

Page generated in 0.02698 seconds with 8 queries