View Single Post
Old May 3, 2005, 07:59 AM   #5
renaissance7697

Whoa......Steady there!

Wow!
Where should I start.....?

I do NOT agree that the Piggy is a "POS".
As I tried to say in my previous reply...
Once you upgrade I believe it to be Excellent.

RCBS didn't build it originally, with the upgrade, because of Patent complications.
(the I and II DID have a "no case - no powder drop" mechanism. It just did not work very well and caused constant jams and stripping of the auto index)

The Piggy I is probably 20 Years Old, and the II perhaps 10-15
The III (&IV...which is the same as the III except for a different Press)
is more recent and comes with the Upgraded power drop, but is Non Auto indexing and has a different primer delivery system.
I believe they went away from the auto-index to avoid the jam and stripping problem, before they got the Patent OK for the newer Powder drop but then when the got the OK and added the powder drop, they didn't want to re-design back to auto index.

As I tried to indicate, If you upgrade the II (with auto index) to the newer Case activated powder drop; you have the best of both worlds.
I was VERY happy with mine and only went to the 650 because I wanted separate bullet seat and crimp PLUS a station for a powder check.

As far as "Will RCBS Charge me for the Upgrade"?...I don't know.
I DO KNOW that they will be much more likely to do so if you ask them in the same tone as your last post.
You may want to concider "RePhrasing" your comments in your request.

I had always found RCBS to Be VERY Considerate and Generous in supporting their products.

Having said all that...... If you still want to "Rid Yourself" of the irritation of your Piggy (I, II, or III)..... Cast it Out!
I will take it off your hands.
How much did you pay for it and where ???

An Armed Society
Is a Polite Society!

[email protected]

Page generated in 0.02298 seconds with 8 queries