View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 06:15 PM   #60
lcpiper

Had open carry in Arizona for quit some time and occasionally I see someone with a visibly holstered gun, usually the wild west types in boots, etc. I think some folks just look at them like they are an oddity, not like they are part of the real world of normal people.

Some I am sure have just accepted it which sounds good at first but I am not all that sure. Perhaps they just try to ignore it until such time as they get a chance to vote against it later on.

I am glad that Gov. Brewer and Arizona's Congress found it wise to allow concealed carry without the need for a permit. Anyone who can legally own a gun can carry concealed without any fuss at all as long as they stay considerate of shop keepers who don't want guns in their places, etc. It also means that their is no requirement to keep the gun actually concealed and thereby have an honest mistake like the OP's turn him into a criminal when no harm was intended or caused.

It's just unfortunate for several people that it wasn't handled better because it never had to get that far out of hand.

EDIT: And just to be clear, you don't see that many open carrying, and of course those who are carrying concealed are harder to spot still. So it's not like we have returned to the wild west and every man has a leg iron on his hip. But it does mean the real criminals must consider that they have no idea who has a gun or where because it's the ones they can't see that scare them the most.

Page generated in 0.02117 seconds with 8 queries