View Single Post
Old November 30, 2002, 06:03 PM   #1
HerrJaegermeister

Dog booties, toe amputation

My 3-year-old male field bred English Springer Spaniel may have to have a toe amputated!!!!!!!!!

He dove straight into a barbed-wire fence while pheasant hunting. The little bugger didn't realize the fence had four strands instead of three, three having more space. I'll have to teach him to count this summer.

He ripped the skin open on his shoulder, requiring several stainless-steel stitches. He also pulled out the outside nail on the outermost toe on the right paw. It became infected and two different types of antibiotics did not work. Two days ago, his foot swelled to the size of a tennis ball. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! (sarcasm)

He has been in the animal hospital for 24-hours with a cone around his neck to keep him from licking it. He has also had several expensive injections. My wife and I went to see him today, and the swelling is gone, so the toe might not have to come off. I'll find out Monday.

I'm thinking of ordering dog booties from Cabela's. Anyone here use these? I would like to prevent future paw injuries. A bootie can be replaced, a paw cannot.

Please help

Page generated in 0.03326 seconds with 8 queries