View Single Post
Old February 14, 2014, 02:15 AM   #15
ZVP

Drives me nuts too!

I've tried all the major brands of caps to fit my revolvers right!
RWS are too soft and fragment ( that's if they stay on the nipples?), CCI are to thick and hard to squeeze closed for a fit on the nipples.
The best I have found are the Remington #11's! They fit down over the nipples and squeeze pretty easy to secure holding for a whole cylinderfull of shooting!
I tried their #10 but they won't go all the way down onthe nipples and fall off somtimes.
No matter what you do, you get sore fingers at the end of the day and still had a few fall off...
I'm sticking withthe Remington #11's because of the best preformance yet!
I don't know how the oldtimers kept em on???
They bet their lives on them and had to have some sure fire way to hold em in place!
I even wondered about scoring the nipples longitudinly ro provide rings for the squeezed on cap to grab onto.
I looked at some Teso Nipples and they are smooth and shiney. Is that ehat makes a cap hold on?
A guy at the Club has a drilled set of needlenose that he drilled to crimp the cap ti just the right size, The trouble is that there is no taler to the squeeze and he finishes the rest with his fingers. Pretty cool! I don't have a drill press ot drills that could drill tool steel.
I love everything about BP except Capping!
Maybe someday I;ll get my fingers toughened up enough for an all day BP session! Till then I go about 1/3 da and "wince' for the rest of the day!
Dosen't seem to matter, Uberti or Piettia nipples you still need to squeeze em down!
OK it's been about 2 1/2 years Blackpowder shooting for me! What's thetrick?

Thanks
BPDave

Page generated in 0.03091 seconds with 8 queries