View Single Post
Old October 18, 2012, 11:25 PM   #5
Willie Sutton

No difference between the quality of Uberti's imported by Taylors, Stoeger, or Cimmaron. I have had them all. In fact... due to the markings (see below)... I rate the Cimmaron ones at the bottom of the pack.

My Cimmaron's (2) came with childishly deliberately mis-spelled markings like "Address Sam Cotl, New Jork" on the BBL, which caused me to send them back for a refund. This was after I was assured by Texas Jacks that there would be no markings other than the Texas address stamped anyplace. I do understand this has changed, but it was a show stopper for me. I was especially unhappy as I had been promised that each of 3 revolvers would have their boxes opened for inspection of markings before shipment, and what I was assured was the case and what was actually the case were completely different.

My consumer experience with Texas Jacks left much to be desired. Guns were shipped a week late after being promised for delivery on a certain day, guns were not looked over for defects as promised, wrong items were shipped, and call tags for returns came 3 weeks late, customer service representative was rude, and I was able to optain the call tags for return 3 weeks later only after I read the riot act to the manager. I would most sincerely suggest you shop elsewhere.

All in all my Cimmaron experience was lacking, my Texas Jacks experience was completely unsatisfactory, and in contrast my experience with Taylor's imported Uberti's as procured from S&S has been excellent. Identical quality art a very substantial discount, with excellent customer service. I have been both a mail order and walk-in customer at S&S and consider them to be superb.

Willie

Page generated in 0.03082 seconds with 8 queries