View Single Post
Old May 23, 2008, 10:55 AM   #17
Boris Bush

Quote:
With the Fenix lights there is a normal mode and a turbo mode. In normal mode it starts out on low then you soft touch your way from low-med-high-etc. Then if you turn the bezel fully clockwise you get turbo mode. In turbo mode you'll start out at the highest setting possible then go to strobe. So from that perspective, yes it can be used as an instant on blinder. I don't have the P3D so I can't comment on it's brightness, except to mention that it puts out more Lumens (215 for the Premium Q5 model) then the Surefire P6 or the L2D I have (175 lumens). Since the 175 on my light is pretty blinding I think the P3D would be as well.
While all that stuff might be fun to play with sittin' watchin TV or blinding the neighbors cat When the ball drops and the elephant charges will you have it on brightest constant easy to use mode? With that question, can it be left idle, pickedup and instant on constant or flash on mode with the press of a button? If so I might get one at them brightness levels, but for now the 120 my light gets is plenty fine.........

Page generated in 0.03381 seconds with 8 queries