View Single Post
Old December 18, 2012, 05:08 PM   #47
PH/CIB

The last time years ago, I went into the Social Security Office in Creston, Iowa a small farm town of six or seven thousand or so,,,there was a uniformed armed security guard and the workers were protected from the general public by bullet proof glass...Quess they were worried we cranky old people might assault them with our walkers or our canes.

Every time I go into the VA Hospital I see security there.

The last time I went into the Federal Building in downtown Des Moines to visit the VA and the National Service Officers with the various Veteran's Organizations, I remembered to leave my gun and knife in the car in a public parking lot, and as soon as I walked in the door I was met by two security guards and required to walk through a metal detector which I set off, they had me walk through it again and I set it off again, this time they were not smiling, they had me walk through it again and I set it off so they wanded me and I then remembered the steel shanks in the soles of my leather mountaineering boots.

The last time I talked to a couple of FBI Agents in their office on a Grand Jury Case they had me walk through a metal detector.

Now I know there are more schools than probably all the Social Security Offices and VA Hospitals and Federal Buildings and FBI Offices combined,,,but when I hear Don Rumsfeld say on 9/10/2001 the day before 9/11 that there were 2.3 TRILLION dollars missing in the DoD that could not be found, I think if the Government really wanted to they could find a way to protect our schools. We put a Man on the Moon did'nt we?
Life Member,,,Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Amvets, Disabled American Veterans, 173rd Airborne Skysoldier Association, National Rifle Association, Member,,,IDPA, USPSA, Iowa Sheriffs and Deputies Association,,Website http://www.handgunholsters.net

Page generated in 0.04111 seconds with 8 queries