View Single Post
Old November 9, 2010, 02:10 AM   #1
Adeodatus

Mini 14 or Mini 30...That is thy question...

ok guys, im torn. I cant decide weather to buy a mini 14 or a mini 30 for this upcoming Christmas. I like the .223 caliber but I also have had a craving for a large caliber semi automatic. I was thinking about getting into reloading the .223 so it swayed me to the mini 14, but I found that surplus ammo is wayyy cheaper than buying regular ammo and reloading it. (I mainly do target shooting and plinkin. nothing competitive, reloading is just a simple hobby to keep me sane while in college)

gahhhh decisions decisions... i have been drooling over youtube videos of both the mini 14 and the mini 30...

I was looking through CTD and it looks like the surplus 7.62x39 is slightly cheaper than the surplus .223 but the mini 30 costs a little more (a nice pocket full of change more).

So what do you guys think. Which is the better gun and why?

Winchester Model 43 .218 bee, Savage .22, Mossberg 17HMR, Beretta .22, S&W .357 Magnum, Ithaca 16-Gauge, Ruger Mini-14.

Page generated in 0.03871 seconds with 8 queries