View Single Post
Old April 24, 2011, 10:54 AM   #1
"JJ"

Dry spell ended!

It has been 78 days since my last successful hunt! Went to a new spot on Saturday. After no takers on the 1st set I was walking to the 2nd & saw this coyote out in the field mousin! He saw me about the same time. I dropped to my knees & readied my rifle quick enough to watch him run off. I snuggled against the fence row I was walking on & tried to call it back or another in! After a few minutes I saw this coyote sitting on the tree line on the other side of the field about 50 yards downwind from where the other disappered. I tried coaxing it in closer with cottontail & rodent sounds but it wouldn't budge. The crown in the field kept me from seeing it from a stable sitting position. So from up on my knees with my shooting sticks as tall as I can make then, I squeeze off a shot. I am so unstable it takes me a second to get a view through the scope again. I don't see a thing when I do. For a split second I am questioning my decision until I hear that familiar THWAAAAP!! I ki-yied for a bit with no response. I packed up my stuff & stepped off 272 steps to the coyote that dropped in its tracks! I shot from the tree line behind me in the photo. The coyote was probably last years pup. It weighed 35.2 lbs & had no tooth wear. I was pretty excited, this was by far my farthest shot!

Page generated in 0.03470 seconds with 8 queries