Thread: BP for HD?
View Single Post
Old November 5, 2009, 12:05 PM   #52
Raider2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD Gunner
Quote:
I also agree that there are better tools for the job but if you have one & possibly keep it loaded & you are proficient in it's use, then why not if it was the closest one to get your hands on at the time?
What if you have to reload?
In a sence of a Remington designed C&B Revolver the cylinder swap is very easy & can be done faster than even speed loaders for a D/A revolver "in the right hands" but like Madcratebuilder I'd be fighting twords a more formidable modern firearm like my Remington 1100 or one of my .45ACP's for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundance44s
What if a cap fragment jams the works after one shot ?
What if the cap pops and No boom ? You would sound like you are shooting a cap gun .....as in toy gun
Granted my black powder guns are not prone to fail , but strange things do happen with them ...like Murphys law ..some of the problems I have had were due to the nature of the beast , other problems have been from poor quality control on the part of the maker .
One might be as well off with a steak knife or a ball bat .
If it were all I had or could have I suppose I would consider it .
Other wise I want the best I can afford to defend my life and the life of my loved ones .
My first choice isn`t cap & ball nor is it made in Italy .
My choice at home is a SXS loaded with 00 buck with 5 extra shells on a stock holder ....its a real crowd pleaser ...hard to beat at close range in the home .
There is always the possibility of a jam or FTF in all firearms like for instance a stove pipe jam on a semi auto, or just a cartridge that did not have powder in it when the primer was struck, it can happen even in modern firearms.

Page generated in 0.02073 seconds with 8 queries