View Single Post
Old June 29, 2008, 10:14 PM   #153
Chui

Quote:
I shoot pretty well, pretty quickly. I have seen shootings and I know a little bit about knives. I certainly don't need to prove myself to you.
The WTC attacks have little to do with self defense. If they bring the war to me I have more than enough "big guns" for the job.

Maybe the people you have sold guns to know something you don't. You don't need a "duty belt" for most carry. You should be glad they are gun owners, rather than condescending toward them. You seem typical of the gun shop commandos that turn people off to "gun people." I have seen hundreds like you- you think you know more than anyone else-regardless of their situation. It is YOU sir, that is the ignorant one.
Gimme a break, dude. Where did I ask you to "prove yourself to me?" Furthermore, I deny any responsibility for your safety so if you're good at what you do then great. You've truly lost me on that... At any rate maybe you live in "Pleasantville" where there is never any personal crime. Some of us don't. And many of the persons I interface with at the gun store live in "hell holes"...

The WTC attacks unmasked much about the mindless tendency of many; namely "it cannot happen here" syndrome... It's very germane to this conversation. It may be a reach for some but depending on your view of what transpired we were totally unprepared. That is the point. Many (on both sides of this little "debate") haven't truly thought about their safety much.

No, they don't "know something I don't". Don't expose yourself, please. Perhaps what you've experienced is EXACTLY what you describe. What I do is something wholly different, but in your omniscience you know ALL about how I approach customers...

And, no, I don't know more than anyone about their situation (only a fool wouldn't ask them now would they prior to assisting them picking out a firearm ). You may need to drop the assuming about something/someone you know precious little about.

Page generated in 0.03194 seconds with 8 queries