View Single Post
Old March 21, 2008, 10:02 AM   #1
radshop

Rem 870 - trap barrel on 7 round tube?

My life has been empty and meaningless for some time because I didn't have a Remington 870 - so I made an impulse buy a couple days ago for the 870 Express Security 8 Shot with synthetic stock & 18" bbl. I'm happy with the purchase, but thinking now about how to get the configurations I want. I'm in the 10-day wait, so I don't have the gun home yet.
The plan is to keep it in the out-of-box config for HD, but pick up extra barrels that I can swap for hunting (with mag tube plug - slug bbl, maybe a 24" all-around for rabbits, birds, etc. in brush) & trap (28" vented rib). I've seen those barrels used at very reasonable prices, so I'm not worried abut that. What I'm wondering, though, is whether those barrels will fit on the 7-shot mag tube, or should I have gotten a model with the common 4-shot mag tube? If not, how hard is it to swap the mag tube?
As I said it was in impulse buy, and the extra capacity for HD was appealing. But given that there's a near-zero chance I'll ever need to use a gun for HD, and that if I do 4 shots is more than enough, maybe I should have thought this through more clearly.
Hopefully, the barrels will fit no problem on this tube, then I'm all smiles again.
Thanks

Page generated in 0.03527 seconds with 8 queries