Thread: S&w 586
View Single Post
Old August 12, 2012, 08:15 PM   #17
Sevens

Quote:
I have news for you- that "unfired" gun was test fired at the factory.
While this is true, you can still with complete confidence sell a firearm and bill it as "ANIB unfired" regardless of what the factory did to it. That's built in to the nature of this industry. If you are arguing semantics - you are correct, but if no consumer and nobody NOT employed by S&W has ever shot it, the market and industry refers to it as an unfired gun.

To the OP -- congrats on your decision, I believe you made the right one.

Once ever I purchase a gun and NEVER fired it. Simply, it was because I got a very pricey gun for less than half it's MSRP and I very nearly doubled my money on it after the pride of ownership of many months. I purchased it solely because of the price it was offered at and what I knew someone else might pay for it. I wanted to be able to offer it in clear conscience as an unfired gun -- even though the "factory" had obviously fired it and it hadn't even been cleaned afterward.

I have no regrets and the next owner was thrilled with it. Sure, I wish I had shot it. Yeah, I wish I still owned it. But if the same deal came to me again tomorrow, I'd likely do the same thing.

Page generated in 0.03151 seconds with 8 queries