Thread: Did it again
View Single Post
Old April 11, 2009, 04:38 PM   #10
Fingers McGee

Quote Hawg Haggan:
Quote:
I've got two Pietta's and two Uberti's. I've had no problems with any of them. Anybody can make a lemon now and then. I think whenever somebody gets a bad one they scream it to all the corners of the earth but the actual numbers of bad ones is pretty small.
+1. I've had a number of C&Bs from all the major players. I can count the number of bad ones I've gotten on one hand, and dont have near enough fingers & toes to count the rest.

No gun (or virtually none anyhow) is competition ready out of the box; especially C&Bs. I picked up a pair of Taylor Uberti 1861 Navies that were about the closest. Installed Treso nipples and used them for half dozen matches before I ever touched a screw on them. No failures to fire & no cap jams. When I tore them down to clean, i did the usual stoning to remove burrs & smooth the action; but they would have been fine if I hadn't.

FM
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Page generated in 0.03723 seconds with 8 queries