View Single Post
Old December 12, 2004, 02:44 PM   #41
abelew

Ahh, did you not look up the crime stats for "assult rifles" in the US before you went off on semi-auto rifles? I do not think that semi-auto rifles are the problem, its illegally obtained handguns. Also, Germany and the US are 2 different countries. In the UNITED STATES, I would gladly take more crime for more civil liberty. There are tradeoffs for every decision, and I hope the US takes more steps to prosecute those that are violating the law, as opposed to taking the easier route and blaming an item for the crime of a person. What you said about Germany's hunting idea just makes me not ever want to leave the US because I value (legal) personal freedom too much.

I have noticed that in the US, people take too much time, energy, and pleasure trying to tell the next person what to do, how to think, where to do it, and why. If people spent that time on being constructive and minding their own stinking business, the world would be a better place. All of those soccer moms who drive huge SUV's have a larger impact on our world than all the gun owners combined, yet if I told them that they could not drive those behemouths, because I do not like the pollution that they create, they would buy a contract on my life. Everyone likes telling others what to do, but they hate it when the other people do the same to them. Does the gun control we have in place work? I believe that a background check is a good idea, because it keeps felons from buying from law abiding gun dealers. Do I think it is the solution, no. Do I believe that penalizing Joe Law Abiding citizen something because criminals do not abide by the law, ABSOLUTLY NOT!

Germany is not the United States!

Sig
Quote:
do u have the right to say "i want everyone driving a car near me having a driving license." i'd say: " hack yea, dude, of course you have the right to, even if driving without license works quite well for others, you still have the right to complain!!!"
The reason that the government and you can requre people to possess a drivers liscense in order to operate a vehicle on public roads is.........The government provides the roads, and driving on public roads is a privliage. Gun ownership is not a privliage in the US, its a right . That said, anyone can operate a privatly owned vehicle on private property without any liscense at all. On my private property, I could require that all people pass a drug screen, breathalizer test, sign a waiver of liability, and have their photo taken, and that would be legal, because I have the right to deny entry/use of my property just like the government does with public roads.

Page generated in 0.03579 seconds with 8 queries