View Single Post
Old September 21, 2012, 12:24 PM   #45
bird_dog

Quote:
You are being quite gracious about it. To me, the above statement kind of blurs the line between good guys and bad guys. Both took away property that you legally own. The only difference is that you have a better chance of regaining the property taken by the former than the latter.

Please understand that by saying that I am not criticizing the LEOs who enforced the law, but rather the law they are obligated to enforce. Structuring a law to punish the victims of a crime never seems right to me, but I am just a little simple-minded in that way, I guess.
I am not sure how to respond. Within a month, my suspension will be over and I should get my guns back shortly after that. Yes, the idea that I was the victim of a robbery and of the two people involved (the robber and I), I was the only one to pay a price. He got a gun. I had 7 of them taken away, lost the one that got stolen, and -- at least temporarily -- have lost the ability to protect my family in the way that I am accustomed.

I'm trying really hard not to be bitter, and to toe the line that I've always advocated -- that stupid decisions deserve punishment. I'm taking mine in the way I feel that I should, with a large amount of humility.

There's more involved, but I won't comment on that until my permit is re-instated and my guns are returned. It's been a horrible 5 months.

Page generated in 0.03790 seconds with 8 queries