View Single Post
Old July 12, 2001, 04:56 PM   #1
Point Blank

"Reloadin with Randy".....(range report)

The adventures of reloading continued today for Randy.Off to the range,a 140 roundtrip drive,with 3 boxes of handcrafted percision,made with careful blows of a mallet and a Lee "one at a time kit".Carrying his trusty Savage 30-06, and its brand new Simmons 6.5x20x44 .44 Mag and target knobs,three "stolen" realator's signs converted to targets,i waddled surely to the bench.I set one target at 25 yards to zero scope,the other two at 100yards.The whole drive there,i was picturing me shooting nice 1" or maybe 3/4" groups with my reloads and a better scope.After taking around 12 shots to find the bullseye i concentrated on the 100 yard targets.First i was high,then low,then to the right,then left.Sweat began to trickle down the crack of my as i spun the dial left,then up,then down...my shots were everywhere!!!So.....i pulled out my trusty cleanin rod and put it to work.Must have a dirty barrel i figured...to save bandwith,this dance with the scope and different bullets went on about 15 more minutes till i discovered my scope had worked loose,and walked 2" inches back,and probably sideways...Oh you blockhead,Randy.......So now i need to figure out what to put on rings to keep scope from shifting...Sigh...my wife joked that she was going to buy me a sling shot as my next purchase!!!!!!

Last edited by Point Blank; July 12, 2001 at 07:11 PM.

Page generated in 0.02887 seconds with 8 queries