View Single Post
Old October 27, 2013, 04:55 PM   #40
Mystro

Just some background of the JOC rifle.....The JOC rifle was the most exacting and researched custom rifle Winchester has ever done. The Jack O'Connor Center had to authorize every detail of the rifle. The family also took Jack's famous #2 rifle from the museum and let Winchester take it apart to laser measure the stock. Winchester went into their special archive wood vault to select the French Walnut for the stock. Lord only knows how old that wood is. . Winchester said it was their most honored collaboration they have ever done on a Custom Shop Rifle. I spoke to Jack's son about the collaboration and it was a big deal because it will never be done again. The family only wanted one tribute rifle done by Winchester. Even the Jack O'Connor Center supplies the custom rifle cases with each rifle's serial number. About every gun publication made it rifle of the year and it was put on the very short list of rifle of the century. If your a Winchester M70 fan, JOC fan, or 270 fan, it is once in a lifetime must own rifle. You don't need to talk someone into buying a Rolls Royce. You kinda just know.

The JOC rifle even though it is a feather weight is about 1/2 heavier than a synthetic stock gun but for what it brings in confidence, ballance and beauty, its AAA grade French walnut is worth it. A black plastic stock might shed some weight but.....it would be like saying your 18k gold wedding ring would be lighter made out of aluminum.

its also a shooter.

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Last edited by Mystro; October 27, 2013 at 05:48 PM.

Page generated in 0.03523 seconds with 8 queries