Thread: Load Manuals
View Single Post
Old April 19, 2013, 09:07 PM   #2
jepp2

My answer is yes.

Why? Reloading manuals cover many things other than just loads. Techniques and practices are covered and helpful. More helpful if you are a beginning reloader. Different manuals cover different things.

The powder manufacturers cover a narrow range of bullets for any given caliber. Additional manuals will cover more bullets and powder test combinations. Some manuals list pressure, some don't. Knowing pressure if very useful.

The 9mm is a high pressure round has one of the largest OAL ranges (from 1.010" to 1.169") and it is VERY sensitive to minor changes in OAL. As little as 0.020" can make a dramatic change in pressure. Having a listed load with your exact bullet is extremely helpful. What determines pressure is bullet seating depth. Different bullets of the same type and weight can have significantly different lengths. Can you determine the bullet seating depth of the listed load and what your load needs to be if you have a different bullet?

There are other places I would cut corners than having at least 3 sources before I start a load. But I feel more comfortable with more reference than I am with less.

Page generated in 0.02253 seconds with 8 queries