View Single Post
Old October 5, 2011, 01:30 PM   #6
dahermit

Quote:
dahermit - you are expecting us to be tutors in the use of the internet and the finer nuances and language of it. We can't do that - this is a firearms board..
No, I expect those who run this site to be able to effectively explain how to post pictures in it. The heading of this area does say "...Tech support..." does it not?

Quote:
If a person reading any explanation doesn't understand any portion of it, I would expect them to look it up, not throw up their hands in disgust at our attempt to explain what is a fairly simple process.
"Look it up"... where? Are you suggesting the process is so simple (or I am), that doing such is apparent? Do you think that after repeated attempts at following various person's explanations and still not being able to do it, that anger is a normal reaction? "Throwing up one's hands...", At what point do you think that it is acceptable to just say the hell with it? After 3 attempts, 4, 5, 6,...10 or more. How many failed attempts are reasonable before abandoning the chore?

Quote:
Concerning your specific question:

Quote:
I want to post a picture, from my computer (not photo-hosting site),in my post, not just as an attachment to the post.

No one will be able to explain to you how to do that. In order to post an image it has to be uploaded to a hosting site and made available as a link. TFL is a hosting site for our members if they choose to upload an image here - that's what an attachment is, an image or other chunk of viewable/readable data uploaded to this site, nothing more.

Of course it is possible that you could have all the proper hosting properties on your home system, but that is highly unlikely and very unusual.

Some, if not most, ISP's (internet service provider) have some private storage space allotted to each of their users. Most users aren't even aware that it exists and is usable by them. Users of those ISP's can upload images and such to that space and make it available to the general public over the internet if they wish to. The upload is accomplished using an FTP application (file transfer protocol). The procedures for doing all of that is beyond the scope of this site, but a call or email to your ISP to see if you have any such available space might be fruitful.
I have posted pictures in posts on many different forums over the years with zero problems including gun boards, for sale sites, even genealogy. Most have a simple, easy to follow procedure that is easily found and followed.

My ISP has had nothing to do with it. My computer has nothing to do with it.

Would it not have been time and effort better spent, instead of responding to my post suggesting that I am not computer illiterate, and/or stupid (I am a former computer teacher, 138 I.Q.), that you had spent it on a step-by-step tutorial on how to post a picture in a post? Instead, you wasted both my time and yours, and most likely GregInAtl's and others also.

Last edited by dahermit; October 5, 2011 at 01:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.03483 seconds with 8 queries