View Single Post
Old February 14, 2013, 05:42 PM   #15
KyJim

I have read about it and there is absolutely nothing to indicate RIA uses a forged slide. In fact, the extrusions Armscor used as of 2008 were definitely NOT forgings. As you know, Armscor also makes the STI Spartan using some STI parts but with Armscor making the slide, frame, and barrel. Ivan, from RIA, had indicated they used extruded slides. Having just purchased an STI Spartan, I wrote to STI in 2010 and asked what type of metal was used in the extruded slides. Here is the response I received:

Quote:
Subject: Question on Spartan
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 9:31 AM

Spartan slide is made from forged 4140 material. It used to be from extrusion but we shifted to forging around two years ago, for quality improvement in terms of toughness and durability.

Chris Schirmer

STI Customer Service

Quality Control

114 Halmar Cove

Georgetown, Tx. 78628

Ph: 512-819-0656

Fax: 512-819-0465

Email: [email protected]
Now, this is pretty good evidence that Armscor was not using forged steel in their extruded slides at that time. I have never seen RIA claim their slide was forged. So, I have concluded they are not forged. This may or may not be important to folks.

My question is why do you say Armscor is using forged steel in their extrusion process for RIAs?

Page generated in 0.02163 seconds with 8 queries