View Single Post
Old September 11, 2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Waspinator

Go to the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit (SLFU) main office at State Police Headquarters, 1111 Country Club Road, Middletown, CT. Bring your temp permit, two forms of ID (drivers license and birth certificate) and a check, or cash, for $70.

When you get there you have to go through a metal detector (so leave your pocket knife at home or in the car if you have one ). they will direct you to the proper area. Get in line (there will be one, believe me). While in line there will be a basket with a form you have to fill out and pens, grab one a fill it out while you wait.

Get to the front of the line. Hand over your temp permit, the form you filled out and your two forms of ID. Take your picture right there in line. Wait a minute or two for the ID to be made, pay them and walk out with your new ID.

(Just went through this a couple of months ago... and yes, during the whole process in CT I didn't really know if I was doing anything correctly.. its all so confusing they way they lay it out)

Page generated in 0.03543 seconds with 8 queries