View Single Post
Old July 20, 2012, 04:20 PM   #22
Win73

Quote:
There is training and there is competition. The training can be as tactical or realistic as you can make it without being a competition. I think the training should be in the nature of pass/fail, although I have no idea how you might do that. But competition introduces rules and such things and complication immediately sets in.
I think training and competition can be good as long as they don't teach you habits that would be bad in a real life situation. And just shooting a lot is good as long as you don't pick up bad habits.

In real life situations whether to shoot or who to shoot is often not easy to discern. When I was going through police firearm's training, they showed us shoot/don't shoot videos that acted out actual incidents that had happened. (This was forty years ago so I don't know if they do anything like that today.) We were then graded on a pass/fail system whether we made the correct decision as a responding officer on whether to shoot and/or who to shoot.
(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Page generated in 0.02193 seconds with 8 queries