View Single Post
Old January 9, 2009, 12:15 AM   #34
stephen426

I would have to admit that I would carry illegally. Lets forget all this God given right stuff since our laws were created by man. Our forefathers had the wisdom to protect our right to bear arms in the constitution.

Lets talk about practicality. Are you going to give up ability to protect yourself because of a mistake you made years ago? Lets assume that the need to protect himself is real and that he was innocent. I find it hard to believe that nobody believes that innocent people are occasionally found guilty.

I am almost positive that the main reason for the flack is the fact you mentioned he has drawn his gun 10 times already. Many police officers go their entire careers without ever having to draw their guns on a suspect. Lets say you are a hard working individual with NO criminal history living in a anti-gun state such as New York or Illinois? Those who are from there or have been there know there are more than a few rough areas. Criminals could care less about gun laws and will just prey on the unarmed sheep. Do you go like a lamb to the slaughter or do you follow the judged by 12 rather than carried by 6? As long as there is a true threat and no other way out, you need to do what you need to do in order to protect yourself and your family.

Page generated in 0.03821 seconds with 8 queries