View Single Post
Old January 17, 2000, 06:29 PM   #1
Al Thompson
Staff Alumnus

Picked up a 1300 this weekend. Found a guy who wanted out from under it.

Got the gun with Pachmayr forend grip and pistol grip. The gun is a Wal-Mart special, has the 18 inch barrel and the 7 round mag tube.

Shot the gun with the pistol grip. I have to admit, if you have to have one, Pachmayr has the solution. I have shot several other makes and this was the eaisest. I fired slugs, 7 & 1/2s, # 1 buck, 00 buck and some tactical 00 from federal. Recoil was noticable, but about as soft as you could get with a pistol grip.

The cylinder bore performed as usual. Patterns were pretty standard. Checked sight picture abd transitioned to steel targets. Much better!!!

The Pachmayr grip had one problem. The operation of the slide was "sticky". Some investigation pointed me to the fore end grip. Not enough clearance between the rubber grip and the barrel.

Switched the Pachmayr furniture out for the factory wood. Much smoother operation. Fitted a Sidesaddle ammo carrier to the gun. ( I like the way the 1300 version locks on the receiver) Loaded it up with Federal Tactical 00 and away we go...

Good gun.

Giz

(anybody wants a set of Pachmayr's for a 1300, let me know)

Page generated in 0.02550 seconds with 8 queries