View Single Post
Old June 21, 2013, 10:39 AM   #9
F. Guffey

“They are the only chambers I have ever seen with a zero headspace”

Then there is SAAMI says,

http://www.saami.org/PubResources/CC...Winchester.pdf

There is a minimum and a maximum as in 1.630 to 1.640, seems to me if the head space was .000 (zero) there would be no place and or room for the case, so I will assume the rifle has a short chamber, or the length of the chamber from the datum of .400 to the bolt face is the same length as a minimum length case, that would leave me to describe the rifle as having a chamber that is the same length as a minimum length/full length sized case.

In that situation, if I wanted room and or a difference between the length of the case and length of the chamber I would be required to place a feeler gage between the deck of the shell holder and case head to a case for a short chamber, how short? Again, depends on the length of the chamber from the datum/shoulder to the bolt face.

F. Guffey

So I assume we are talking about a chamber that is the same length as a minimum length/full length sized case, the difference in length is zero (.000), thart does not mean the head space is zero, head space is the length of the chamber, not the difference between the length of the case and chamber when measured from the usual places.

Page generated in 0.03531 seconds with 8 queries