View Single Post
Old May 26, 2009, 03:31 PM   #5
Mark Milton

A local gunshop used to carry the AWA heritage guns. I never fired one but they certainly looked and felt nice....

I am fond of the Cattleman though and you can get it pretty much any way you want it, depending on the importer.

Want an authentic one, right down to the last detail? Check out the Cimarron and Uberti USA line up. Want one with a transfer bar safety? Dig on the Stampede, imported by Beretta.

Want a stainless Peacemaker? Uberti can deliver. Want a blackpowder cap and ball peacemaker? Uberti can deliver.
Other than cosmetic differences the various guns are pretty much mechanicaly identical.
The biggest difference is the "Millenium" models, which, I have read somewhere, have coil springs instead of traditional flat mainsprings, which is somewhat of an improvement. Those are the ones with the matte bue finish and brass grip frames.
Probably the most uncommon Uberti guns are the Buckhorn, which is a big Blackhawk-esque .44 magnum and the Uberti Tornado which is a beautiful gigantic .454 single action.
I have never seen or handled a Tornado, by the way, only seen pics.

Page generated in 0.04100 seconds with 8 queries