View Single Post
Old April 16, 2009, 01:06 PM   #72
Daugherty16

Awful Story

This was just an awful story. Maybe worst of all - what the heck were murderous thugs doing out and about at 5:30 am?

I am in CT. We have had a recent spate of home invasions, the worst of which was widely publicized 2 years ago when the BG raped and strangled the wife and 2daughters, then burnt the house down. That was less than 20 minutes from my house. Since then there have been 3 actual home invasions in my "safe" upscale town. One perp actually admitted going there because "that's where the rich white folks are at." It's not about color, obviously; it's targeted because of resident's relatively high income, valuable possessions, and the perp's total disregard for the rule of law or the value of life.

I've been CCW for about 2 years now. Notice the coincidence? i try to carry everywhere, all the time, even working around the house. My wife remains in denial and thinks i'm paranoid. I hope it never happens, but if it does, i'll be strapped and as ready as i can be.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Page generated in 0.02742 seconds with 8 queries