View Single Post
Old June 3, 2008, 05:46 PM   #10
clickboom8

Gun Camera results

After a few weeks of trying out both the Adrenaline Systems Gun Cam Sport I and the Oregon Scientific ATC2K SD camera it is overwhelming which camera works best (please see my original post ABOVE)

The Adrenaline Systems Gun Cam Sport I comes with a 580 tvl Sony exView HAD camera which produces some excelent super clear images. The kit comes with mounts and connections.
I hooked up mine to my camcorder (Sony). The set up was pretty easy and quick. The rifle mount is a gun powder black barrel mount which comes with a shock absorber. It also comes with
a Head Strap which goes around your head and fits the camera on it. This system is powered by a Reverse Osmosis LI-ION battery with about 8 hours of power. It is very light and generates no heat.
I tried this systems both wearing it on my head as well as on the rifle. the footage was a bit dizzying when on the barrel, but for stable aiming it give an awesome effect when you fire. The snake microphone produces great sound you can hook either close to your mouth or on the rifle depending how much noise you want.
You can actually see your kills verified. When mounted on your head you get a very nice overall view of everything you look at -- very neat.
The footage I got was super clear. When edited it looks perfect on my LCD. Loads of laughs!

The Oregon scientific ATC2K looked great out of the box as it is modular and easy to use. It comes with an SD card slot which allows you to record all your footage there. The mounts are not provided
for guns but I was able to jerry rig my own mounts. To cut thru the chase, the footage is really low quality. After using the Gun Cam, this unit fall far behind. While it is easy to use,
the quality is just not good and really meant more for internet video where lower quality is key. Too bad as this camera promised a lot but just wasn't up to the job.

My buddies have the VIO helmet camera. It is a cool camera but: the video is not as good and the cost is 3 times what I paid, even when having to provide my own camcorder.

If you want something to take first class video with great action angles go for the adrenaline kit, otherwise, for just play, get the Oregon Scientific ATC2k.

I got the Gun Cam at the AdrenalineCamera website. The Oregon Scientific I got at their OregonScientific website.

Some info on the Adrenaline Gun Cam:

The Oregon Scientific Camera:

=========================================================

Page generated in 0.03604 seconds with 8 queries