View Single Post
Old October 10, 2005, 07:02 PM   #4
Rob P.

I've done the club thing. Was also active in various activities such as BP several years ago and am thinking of getting into CAS.

No prairie dog/varmint shoots here (So Cal on the coast) because there's too many people. Can't shoot in the national forest during "fire" season. Almost all the county land is leased to the big oil companies so no shooting there either. Result, no place to practice unless it's the gun club 30 miles away up into the hills on a winding road - which I already dun to death and bankruptcy.

All in all, it's been about 12 years and I STILL can't find anyone to show me the ropes. Specific pointers on where to go, where NOT to go, what to wear, what to look for, best times, essential gear, local meat packers who butcher game, etc. would be great to get from someone who hunts HERE and not some magazine dude who only hunts elk in Montana yet gives "hunting" advise.

Sure I could pay a couple grand for a beater drive "hunt" at some game farm in Montana or some'eres. Dunno if I'd learn much though.

Maybe I'm too impatient?

Page generated in 0.02189 seconds with 8 queries