View Single Post
Old May 29, 2008, 07:17 PM   #1
ISC

I shot my neighbors dog today

Here's some background:

http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51765

I had a thread about it here but it got locked. Twice. Mods, please don't move this to politics/legal, I've been suspended there and can't respond if you do (don't use rude words).

I woke up this morning to hear my dog, Hershey, going nuts outside. It was just before 6 am and she was freaking out. I went into the backyard to see the neighbors across the street's dog trying to get into my chicken tractor (like a portable chicken coop). He's a juvenille pittbull and was rocking the frame of the tractor and digging to get underneath it. The chicken was freaking out. I picked up the same stick I used to chase it out of my yard last time and he jumped the side fence into my other neighbor's yard. If I usually didn't wake up at 6 am and wasn't already half awake I might not have heard Hershey barking and not stopped him in time.

I had to go take my kids to school after that then came back home to do some paperwork. When I got home the dog was in my yard again (gates still locked), and Hershey was barking and had her hackles up as he was shifting his attention from her to the chicken. I went in through my front door, grabbed my Crossman Storm XT pellet rifle, opened the bathroom window and aimed at his rear hindquarters then shot. He yelped, jumped, then climbed over the fence at a high rate of speed.

I'm pretty sure a 7.9 gr pointed pellet travelling at 1000FPS over 50 ft drew blood and penetrated. I also suspect that the nieghbor's dog will think twice about coming into my yard and hopefully my other neighbors yard where their little pomeranians are often out.

I'm also hoping that the dog's owners will think a little harder about keeping their dog chained up or getting him fixed, because I find him in my yard about once a month, and I already had to put down one dog a few years ago after my old neighbors' dog attacked him.

The electric fence is looking better and better. Was shooting him with a pellet rifle wrong? Would I have been justified shooting him with a .22 if he was in the process of getting my chickens?

Page generated in 0.03329 seconds with 8 queries