View Single Post
Old July 24, 2012, 01:55 PM   #7
Will_M

This is the quote from the match director of the A.I.M. Small Miss Small Precision Rifle Challenge.

I'm proud to announce to you the 2012 "A.I.M. Small Miss Small Precision Rifle Challenge". This event will take place at the American International Marksmanship Academy in Blakely GA on November 17-18, 2012 and we're opening up registration for 80 shooters. The facility is over 4200 acres and has unlimited shooting opportunities including a UKD range with 50 E-type targets set anywhere from 300 yards to beyond 1 mile. The facility also has on site lodging in private individual log cabins that are brand new with cable tv, wireless internet, micro kitchen with fridge, bathrooms, running water, and multiple sleeping accommodations. Some cabins have multiple beds, some have single queen size beds. The lodging is limited and will be reserved for the first people to register for the match and reserve one. I'll post more information on exactly what sleeping arrangements are available and quantity. The cabins will rent for $150 per cabin for the weekend with check in anytime on Friday, November 16th. There are hotels within a 10 minute drive for anyone not taking a cabin.

The match will be broken up and shot on 4 different areas of the property with multiple target engagements at each location. There will be some run and gun, some positional shooting, some UKD, and some F-Class style shooting. Most of the CoF is already written up and the property is being prepared already. Saturday will consist of 7.5 hours (+ 1 hour lunch break for 8.5 hours total) of shooting and Sunday will run for 2.5 hours. We WILL be feeding the competitors on Saturday evening and concession trailers are on site for hot lunches during the day. This match will be new shooter friendly so if you know someone that has been wanting to try this style of shooting, this will be the perfect match. Target sizes will be generous as will the time limits. There will be minimal down time as we will have multiple events going on at once at each station.

There will be no pistol in this event.
You will need to know your rifle data out to 1450 yards if you want the bonus points.
You will also need a LRF for a few of the events.
Bring standard match gear such as hydration, rain gear, and anything else you may need. The weather should be nice here in November with moderate temperatures.

This match is going to be cash payback unless someone wants to volunteer to do a prize table (here's your chance to help Joe!). Hopefully it will be on the schedule to be a PRS match in 2013. We are going to pay back a total of $6,000.00 with the money being paid out in the following order:
1st Place $2000
2nd Place $1500
3rd Place $1000
4th Place $750
5th Place $500
6th Place $250

Registration will open at 11:00am EST August 1, 2012. Send registration requests to [email protected]

We will have entry forms that can be completed electronically and available for download from the AIM Academy website before registration opens on August 1. Match entry fees will be $200 per competitor and that includes match t-shirt and meal on Saturday evening.
http://www.marksmanshipacademy.com/

If you have any questions you can email me or ask here.
[email protected]

Hope to see you all in November!

Page generated in 0.03652 seconds with 8 queries