View Single Post
Old September 15, 2009, 12:04 PM   #29
oldkim

Good question...

Where does one go after they feel they are pretty proficient while at a stagnet "regular" range?

You can look at going out the hills and at some pit but that can be a bit hairy at times, especially for a gal, even with a gun.

Yes, taking a self defense course is a good idea but for you in mind a pretty basic self defense course would be in order - why I say this is you can go to a very good course but from the sounds of it you'll be information overloaded the first hour. Most of these concepts and actions take practice.

The cost is the major concern. I'm sure I'm like most on here (and I have good job and no kids) and it's still tough to pay for those $300-$1000+ courses, plus all the ammo and travel.

I have been fortunate to set up a "bridge" course for $25 for those in the Seattle area where we have volunteer safety officers/instructors donate their time and take shooters like you to the next step. What is the next step? Shooting on the move.

If you've never done it before (shooting on the move) you don't really know where to start? What to practice, why, how... all the basic stuff. Unlike basic marksmanship you can't fake it through shooting on the move. You really need some guidance and direction from an instructor.

So, depending on where you live. Look me up.

"Shooting Like the Good Old Days - Shooting on the Move at Renton Fish and Game Club"

Young

Check out my new website: www.shootonthemove.org

Page generated in 0.02163 seconds with 8 queries