View Single Post
Old January 10, 2013, 08:58 PM   #11
orionengnr

See post #2. He hit the nail on the head.

I have owned two MkIIs (one blue, one stainless) and a Stainless MkIII Hunter. All were bought used.

The two MkIIs cost me $250 and $300 respectively. The MkIII was too good to pass up at $350. However, I didn't like the sights (specifically, the rear sight) or the trigger (although that may have improved with time) but all the "lawyer crap" was a deal breaker. Sold it to a friend for what I paid, and we are both happy.

Quote:
Can you explain why you would want to change the loaded chamber indicator and magazine disconnect?
Adding more parts that do not directly contribute to the function, reliability or performance of a mechanical device is almost never a good idea. Adding parts to mollify lawyers...likewise but even more so.

The LCI, the mag safety and the Mickey Mouse wind-'em up safety key are perfect examples.

There was nothing wrong with the MkII, as is evidenced by the fact that they hold their resale value quite well. As far as I am concerned, the only functional improvement of the MkIII is that they moved the mag release to a 1911-ish position. If Ruger had stopped there, I might still own the MkIII.

Page generated in 0.03410 seconds with 8 queries