View Single Post
Old December 5, 2012, 07:24 PM   #10
rclark

I do chamfer all new cases just to remove the roughness. Only takes a couple seconds and only have to do once for the life of the case.

I too have never trimmed a revolver straight walled case. Rifle yes. I still get very good groups without this step.... Same with cleaning primer pockets. Just don't see the need (used to do it all the time, but then found clean/dirty still shot the same... for my level of shooting that is... hmmm). You can tell after depriming when it looks like time to 'clean'.

As for lubing. Never have for straight walled cases in a carbide die. What I will do sometimes is swipe around the case with my fingers and the oils are enough to make the operation smoother. I figure they designed carbide dies so you don't have to get messy... and so far that was worked for me since the 80s... YMMV.
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.

Page generated in 0.03591 seconds with 8 queries